- Check the weather A sudden downpour will spoil your preparations, so keep your eyes and ears open for the morning weather forecast. A cool yet bright day, when the wind is softly blowing, is always a great day to play.
- Go to the course 45 minutes to an hour before the game Being early gives you time to warm up and practice your swing. Do a full warm-up to prime your body for the activity. Being unprepared will leave you unfocused and tense－two things that’ll ruin your performance.
- Practice, practice, practice Do a short game where you practice putts, chips, swings, and pitches. Switch clubs for every other set. What this does is give you a feel of the green, the weight of the clubs, and the amount of force you need to drive the ball.
- Stretch You’ll be spending a lot of time walking, standing, and swinging, so give your arms, legs, and lower back a good stretch. Research says this can boost your performance by 17%!
- Keep your cool If the game’s about to begin, don’t overwork yourself. Keep your muscles loose, drink lots of fluid, and relax. Always remember to have fun.
5 Tips to Get in Top Shape Before You Tee Off
The weather is cool, the sky is cloudy, and the sun is comfortably warm. It’s time for a good game of golf at our hotel & resort in Osogbo, Nigeria. You heard that right! Our luxury hotel is not just a place for exotic getaways and trips to every tourist haven in Nigeria—we also have a beautiful 18-hole golf course. It is the perfect place for beginners and pros looking to putt their stress away. If you want a go on the green, there are some things you need to remember. Here are the things our golf experts have to say: