What to Wear in Osogbo: Do’s and Don’t’s
The African sun is bright and blisteringly hot. If you’re planning to see any tourist haven in Nigeria
, you need to have the right outfit.
Aloha Hotel & Resort
is no stranger to visitors who want to see the beauty of Osogbo, Nigeria inside and out. Here are some tips on what to wear (and not wear) under the bright Osogbo sun:
- Wear casual clothes that let air flow and do not cling too tightly to your skin.
- Choose clothing made with lightweight layers of natural fabric. Linen and cotton are some of the best choices.
- Pick clothes with light or neutral colors. These colors reflect light and make the heat a lot more tolerable.
- For women, it is a good idea to pack a sarong or pashmina in case they will be required to cover their heads. Knee-length skirts and loose-fitting pants are also necessary.
- For men, wear lightweight shirts and long pants.
- Put on safari hats and sunglasses.
- Wear blue and black. Not only do these colors absorb heat but also attract tsetse flies.
- Wear clothes that expose too much skin, like shorts and t-shirts. Most areas of Nigeria are conservative and have specific cultural expectations. If you’re not sure what to wear, go for what’s casual yet modest.
- Choose white clothes for walking outdoors. These easily get dusty and dirty in the dry air.
- Put on army-style or combat-style clothing. Even clothes with camouflage print are prohibited.
After a sweltering day of adventure, you need somewhere to rest in luxury. Our hotel and resort in Osogbo, Nigeria
is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Our services, amenities, and staff give you the memorable experience you really need.
We even offer tour services and a wedding event planner in Nigeria
! Learn more about what you can enjoy at our African-Polynesian getaway by calling